Master Dave Mukherjee
Master Dave Mukherjee is the Owner and Head Instructor of the Austin Karate Academy. Master Mukherjee has a life-long fascination with Martial Arts and began his Karate training when he was 12 years old. Currently, he holds a 4th Degree Black Belt Master as well as Instructor’s Certification from the World Tang Soo Do Association. Master Mukherjee is a strong proponent of using Martial Arts training to develop a Better Person. He believes that training in Karate can play an important role in Mental and Physical development – it provides a boost to Self-Confidence, Mental Discipline, and refinement of Motor Skills. His main philosophy is to provide an environment where students are surrounded by a family environment where they can develop Mind, Body, and Spirit through training in Karate. He believes in empowering individuals, couple and families to reach their fullest potential and become better citizens in their communities.
Over the years Master Mukherjee studied different Martial Arts like Kyokushin-Kai Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Hap Ki Do, and Tang Soo Do. He is also an Aerobic and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) certified Kickboxing Instructor. Master Mukherjee competed and won awards in numerous Regional and World Championships.
Interesting facts about Master Mukherjee
– Over 30 years practicing and instructing Martial Arts
– Specialize in Open Hand, Kicking Techniques, Sparring Drills, Self-Defense skills, and Weapons
– 2007 and 2014 Regional Instructor of the Year
– 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Regional Black Belt Grand Champion
– Holds a Master Degree in Computer Science, and works as an IT professional in one of the World’s largest retail company. He thrives in his high demanding work and at the same time maintains a high quality Martial Arts training environment at the academy.